GENERAL MAINTENANCE IN LAWNDALE AND HAWTHORNE
What used to be a tune-up years ago isn't the case today. It used to be that you would go in and have the spark plugs changed and a few basic adjustments done to the engine to keep everything working smoothly. Today, you need much more than that to keep your vehicle operating at peak efficiency. Vehicles have incorporated a number of different electronic components that make it far more difficult to do a simple tune-up. At Rick's Automotive Service, our tune-ups consist of an inspection of the following systems:
- Charging and starting of the battery
- Engine mechanical
- Powertrain control
There are a number of reasons why you should come in and get a tune-up done on your vehicle, such as maintaining reliability, improving performance, preparing for the changing seasons, gearing up for vacation or simply because you are planning on selling or giving the vehicle away to a close friend or family member.
Caring for your vehicle and taking it in for general maintenance can go a long way in keeping you on the road for longer. Beyond helping promote a healthy environment, a vehicle that is properly maintained will also run more efficiently, last up to 50 percent longer and be safer in general.
- Keep your engine properly tuned to improve fuel efficiency by up to 30 percent.
- Make sure the tires are properly inflated to prevent your engine from working harder.
- Air conditioners should be in top condition at all times to prevent dangerous gases from leaking into the environment.
- Make sure to disposed of used tires, antifreeze, motor oil and batteries properly.
- Avoid sudden accelerations or stops and starts.
- Eliminate unneeded items from your vehicle to improve gas mileage.
- Plan your trips to do as many errands as possible in one day to prevent unnecessary driving.
- Shut the engine off when waiting on family and friends.
As always, stop in and see us at Rick's Automotive Service to have your vehicle inspected for anything that needs to be tuned-up or adjusted. Taking care of your vehicle now will save you a lot of hassles down the line.